Here are the steps on how to buy intraday shares in Zerodha Kite app:
1. Open the Zerodha Kite app and log in to your account.
Zerodha Kite app login page
2. Search for the stock you want to buy.
You can use the search bar at the top of the screen to enter the stock’s name or ticker symbol.
3. Tap on the stock from the list of results.
This will open the stock’s quote page.
4. Tap on the “Buy” button.
This will open the order entry screen.
5. Select the “Intraday” product type.
This will tell Zerodha that you want to buy the stock for intraday trading.
6. Enter the quantity of shares you want to buy.
This is the number of shares you want to purchase.
7. Enter the price you want to buy the shares at.
This is the price per share you are willing to pay.
8. Select the order type.
There are four order types you can choose from:
- Market: This will buy or sell the shares at the current market price.
- Limit: This will buy or sell the shares at a specific price you set.
- SL: This is a stop-loss order. It will sell your shares if the price falls below a certain level.
- SL-M: This is a stop-loss market order. It will sell your shares at the market price if the price falls below a certain level.
9. Tap on the “Buy” button.
This will place your order.
Your order will be placed with Zerodha and they will try to execute it at the best possible price. If your order is executed, you will see a confirmation message. You can view your open orders and positions in the “Orders” tab of the app.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when buying intraday shares:
- Intraday trading is risky. You could lose money if the price of the stock goes down.
- Make sure you have enough money in your account to cover your order. If you don’t, your order will be rejected.
- Set stop-loss orders to limit your losses. This will automatically sell your shares if the price falls below a certain level.